My new short story “Grave’s First Day” is out in Issue #1 of A Coup of Owls. Since it is part of a linked set of stories, some fans have been asking me where to catch up on the other stories.
Here is a list of the stories in internal chronological order, with links:
1) This is Not a Love Story in Black Denim Lit (October 2015)
2) “Nightskyman Hope” in Expanded Horizons (January 2016)
3) “The World in His Throat” in Things We Are Not: An M-Brane SF Magazine Queer Science Fiction Anthology (2009)
4) “Inducement” in Black Denim Lit (September 2016)
5) “Grave’s First Day” in A Coup of Owls (August 2021)
6) “Searching” in Black Denim Lit (December 2014)
7) “Nightskyman Hope” in Expanded Horizons (January 2016)
8) “Life on Earth” in Expanded Horizons (January 2015)
9) “No Woman, No Plaything” in Kaleidotrope (October 2012)
10) “Planet 38” in Four Star Stories (Summer 2013)
11) “Planet 50” in Black Denim Lit (September 2015)
12) “The Other Two Men” (Produced Summer 2016)
And an unrelated alternate history novella set in New England about the unintended side effects of a WWII-era drug developed to create affinity between an interrogator and interrogatee:
A Day in Deep Freeze Aqueduct Press (Conversation Pieces series no. 46) (April 2015).
[…] writing a series of military sf stories with all-male casts based on a similar philosophy (see here for a list), and it seems an exercise worth investigating. (Although I would like to see more about […]
Do you have a name for this “series” or the “universe” the stories are set in?
Only an internal, working title: the stories and novels cover the galaxy over 1,000 years from first efforts to hundreds of stable colonies. When I know what was going on outside the Experiment Room in “The Other Two Men” (its own novel) I’ll have a better sense of what the whole linked network of novels and stories is about. – Lisa Shapter