My alternate history novella A Day in Deep Freeze is now available in paperback and ebook forms!
1963: Emran Greene is a successful corporate accountant, a hopeful soon-to-be-father, and an unremarkable husband–except for the lingering effects of an experimental wartime truth serum, his ex-boyfriend, the impossibility of his conceiving a child, and all of the other secrets he keeps from his wife and his employer. One of these, the secret of the lonely grave he visits regularly in Riverport’s Castleview Cemetery, holds a tragedy that just won’t stay gone…
Order it from:
Are you a bookstore or library? Click here.
Are you a reviewer? Click here.
My new short story “Grave’s First Day” is out in Issue #1 of A Coup of Owls. Since it is part of a linked set of stories, some fans have been asking me where to catch up on the other stories.
Here is a list of the stories in internal chronological order, with links:
1) This is Not a Love Story in Black Denim Lit (October 2015)
2) “Nightskyman Hope” in Expanded Horizons (January 2016)
3) “The World in His Throat” in Things We Are Not: An M-Brane SF Magazine Queer Science Fiction Anthology (2009)
4) “Inducement” in Black Denim Lit (September 2016)
5) “Grave’s First Day” in A Coup of Owls (August 2021)
6) “Searching” in Black Denim Lit (December 2014)
7) “Nightskyman Hope” in Expanded Horizons (January 2016)
8) “Life on Earth” in Expanded Horizons (January 2015)
9) “No Woman, No Plaything” in Kaleidotrope (October 2012)
10) “Planet 38” in Four Star Stories (Summer 2013)
11) “Planet 50” in Black Denim Lit (September 2015)
12) “The Other Two Men” (Produced Summer 2016)
And an unrelated alternate history novella set in New England about the unintended side effects of a WWII-era drug developed to create affinity between an interrogator and interrogatee:
A Day in Deep Freeze Aqueduct Press (Conversation Pieces series no. 46) (April 2015).